Sunday, July 13, 2014

Oasis escapes- Salsa musings

The oasis is a slice of heaven. Laughter and joy resides in the gyration of the bodies that make up the salsa dance. The summer heat is fuel to the soles on the dance floor, the sweat, a bathing of contentment. Swag is back, and he is a hard one to turn away from. Bolton has the ladies watching , envious of his partner. And I'm still looking for Whiskey Guy. He and his partner have a certain class that stands out from the crowd that fills the Starlight. They have a waltz-y touch to their salsa and the lady's shoulders are held high, head turned at just the perfect angles and grace.The band is pulsing in pure spirits, and my husband is gyrating on his chair. I'm dreading the time he will drag me to the dance floor. He always does. He has the gift of dance.... I have two left feet. :-)
Nubian queen is having a blast, I can tell because she came alone, but she has three guys down now on the dance partners. Life is good. Romeo continues to awe the crowd with his honey sweet voice while his band holds him up in ecstasy by way of drum and string.....

The sun is setting over Lake Travis, and everyone oohs and aahs as to how glorious the sight is. So in between watching the tangle of hips and the teasing of toes and smiles shared amongst strangers, I have to remind myself to lift my eyes and turn towards the west lest I miss the magic moment. My heart is content, my love is by my side. And tonight, we share the secret place with the in-laws. It is always a pleasure to connect and share fun moments to cultivate and maintain ties.

Jason is back, and just like Bedore, he exudes trust and calm no matter what. Islander continues in his quest to ensure the sistas get a fair share of offers to dance. The auto industry has not hardened this heart, or made him care less about feelings. Centennials are happy; I hope my life is full as such when I'm that old. My nurse side keeps thinking a hip fracture is eminent every time the mister swirls her around. But such is the spirit of salsa- living in the moment, enjoying what life has to give now because tomorrow is not promised.

 I see Bootilicious getting her groove on. Her date from last week is not here....he was so easy on the eyes!
I am getting in the groove of the music, and the grand manier in my margarita is working its magic on me. I feel like I could partake of this ritual called dance...... or can I? Then the magic is lost when James says we need to leave. That's my brother-in-law who I love to pieces. He falls asleep at the simple hum of air conditioning. LOL! So he is ready to turn in, and his 1st Lady has to work early in the morning. Hubby and I had our magic Sunday nights figured out, but since we have company, we will go with what they want to do. So I pick up my bag and wait on our check. I am just glad they got to experience Oasis and had a good time!

I manage to snap a picture of the sunset, but the climax of the night for my mister and I is always the part where we have a group salsa lesson. Tonight we will miss that. But come Sunday we will return and again revel in the realms of Latino and Cuban sounds at our pace, and stay till the band leaves the stage.
One of the many pics I took on our way out.

 The simple pleasures of Austin, the graceful moments of relaxation. 

Note:
I have nicknamed the people at Oasis by either how they look like, the attribute that sticks out to me, or who they remind me of. It is fun people-watching. Maybe one of these days I will be the one kicking the corn meal around the dance floor in organized rhythm. :-)

Till next Sunday, have a blessed week!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment